The hydrometer is used to determine the ‘Specific Gravity’ of the beer either before fermentation begins or at the end of fermentation. It does this by reading the fermentable sugar content in the wort (brewing recipe). The more sugar there is in the liquid, the thicker or denser it will become and the higher the ‘Specific Gravity’. It can Check sugar content at start of fermentation, following up to see when fermentation has ceased.
WHY OUR TRIPLE SCALE GLASS HYDROMETERS ARE DIFFERENT?
- Triple / 3 scale measurement.
- Beer hydrometer range 0.990 to 1.100.
- Comes with a protective tube that can be reused.
- Accurately measures the density or specific gravity of a liquid.
The plastic easy measuring 100ml cylinder for ‘Specific Gravity readings. Pour in your wort, place the hydrometer in the cylinder, give the hydrometer a spin to remove air bubbles and measure the gravity.
WHY OUR HOME BREW 100ml CYLINDERS ARE DIFFERENT?
- No risk of contamination and is dishwasher safe
- Easy markings for accurate measurements
Compact, portable pen type, and the simplicity of operation make it a must buy. A simple pH meter that eliminates the guesswork of using pH strips.
- pH tester measurement range: 0.0 – 14.0 pH
- pH tester accuracy: +/- 0.1 pH
- Resolution: 0.01
- One button operation
- High accuracy
- Calibration solution included
- Automatic Temperature Compensation: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Batteries: 4 x 1.5v alkaline (included)
- Battery Life: approx. 150 hours of use