- Why glass over plastic? Glass carboys are very impermeable to oxygen, meaning that your beer will stay fresh even after a long secondary fermentation.
Why our 5 litre glass carboys / demijohns different?
- 5 Litre Glass Carboy / demijohn
- Easy to clean.
- Will not scratch like a plastic bucket or carboy.
- Includes a water proof brewing sticker to keep track of your OG/FG, style, dates and name of beer.
- Fits easily in a small wine fridge for temperature controlled lagering
- Can also be used as a small wine, mead and kombucha fermenter.
3 piece airlocks are the preferred choice used by most good home brewers. They are easy to clean, fill and watch the fermentation magic happen. Watching the bubbles during this process could be seen as therapeutic and meditative.
Why our S Bubbler home brew airlocks different?
- Easy to clean.
- Less chance of infection as it includes a cap to stop the nasties getting in
- Fill with sanitised water and insert into the silicone bung
Track your beers temperature through the joy of fermentation. Maintaining your beer at a regular temperature helps yeast develop the tasty flavours that make great beer. These accurate LCD thermometers attach directly to our carboy and give readings via the display.
Why our LCD sticker thermometers are different?
- Specifically made for carboys / demijohns
- Temperature range between 2c & 28y
- Water resistant and strong adhesion
- Colour highlights to indicate current temperature
Fermenting beer is highly sensitive to oxygen and risk of infection. We use food grade silicone bungs to give you a gap free fit in your carboy everytime. Don’t settle for rubber as this degrades and can split spoiling all of your beer efforts.
Why our bungs are different?
- Made from food grade silicone
- Bored hole for a seamless fit with our S Bubbler airlock or if you prefer a silicone blow off tube
- Tapered end to fit snugly into our glass carboy / demijohn
- 28mm bottom and 35mm top